Delicious vegetables for picky eaters, with a hint of burger! No prep time, and it's ready in about 7 minutes. It can't get better than this!
Vegetables for picky eaters. Yes, you read it right!!
As a mom I've always heard that if you offer vegetables to your kids everyday, since they are little babies, and you eat it in front of them, they will learn to like it. Well... It may be true for some people, but, unfortunately, in my case, it didn't happen.
Fortunately, I found out that there are a few ways to help our picky eaters to enjoy some food that they otherwise wouldn't enjoy, like vegetables, for example.
For a long time, I was the picky eater
My mom has always loved fruits and vegetables. She prepared a great variety of them everyday, and always offered me. Unfortunately, she told me that, as soon as I learned how to hold a spoon, I started separating the vegetables on my plate. In fact, she offered me vegetables for 22 years with no success.
But... All is not lost! I grew up, and I became a mom. Yes, what goes around comes around, and I saw myself in my mom's shoes.
I had my son, and I really wanted him to be a good eater, including eating vegetables, so I realized that, if I wanted him to eat vegetables, I would have to prepare them, eat them with him, and hope for the best.
As I started to cook and eat vegetables everyday, I started to like them. I can't say that vegetables are my favorite thing to eat (I still love chocolate and ice cream more than anything...lol), but now I can say that I do like vegetables, and that eating them is not a burden anymore. Actually, some of them can be so good that I can eat the whole thing by myself!
My kids are better than I was eating vegetables, but they are not great fans of it. Preparing vegetables that have a good consistency and great taste is crucial in my house.
So, if you have picky eaters that are not fans of vegetables, this recipe might be the one for you! Do you know why? Because I used burger seasoning on it! And do you know what else?? It was seared in olive oil, what gives this vegetables a toasted flavor, and a much better look than steamed or boiled vegetables.
Also, it was made in just 7 minutes, with no prep required. You're welcome!!
Now I think this is your new favorite vegetable recipe too 🙂
Don't miss a recipe! Subscribe to our newsletter.
Vegetables for Picky eaters
- 4-5 cups frozen vegetables (or enough to fill a 12" skillet on a single layer)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon burger seasoning (I used Freddy's)
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste (if necessary)
- In a small container, add burger seasoning, lemon pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Mix them together and set it aside.
- Heat up a 12" non-stick skillet over high heat. Wait for it to be hot, and add the frozen vegetables. Be careful when adding the veggies.
- Wait for a minute, until ice crystals disappear, then, drizzle 1 ½ tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle all the vegetables with 1 ½ teaspoon of the seasonings. Let it sear for a few minutes before turning them around, so they can get a golden color. For me it took about 3 minutes. As you turn the vegetables around, add another ½ tablespoon of olive oil.
- Since the vegetables are frozen, it's important to keep the temperature high. If the temperature is not high enough the vegetables will release more water, cook in it, and be very soft before it gets the golden color. Watch carefully so they won't burn.
- Turn off the heat once you achieve the color and consistency that you desire. For me it took 2 more minutes for the other side. The time will depend on the intensity of your heat and vegetables chosen. So keep a close eye on them.
- Enjoy it with your favorite meal.
Make sure you won't miss anything. Follow Simple Living Recipes on:
More Recipes for you...