This One Pot Rice and Ground Beef is so easy to make!! As the name says, you get everything done in just one pot, and the flavors are so good!! Add your favorite vegetables and you've got a complete meal.
I really like this recipe because it doesn't require much prep, and I just do everything in the same pot. Who doesn't like saving some time doing the dishes??
Also, you get everything you need right there. Just add some vegetables and you won't even need a side dish.
How easy is it to make this One Pot rice and ground Beef?
I'll show you in a few simple steps how easy it is to prepare this meal:
- Saute garlic and onion, then add the ground beef;
- Cook ground beef until is no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms, broth, salt, pepper, ranch dressing mix, and vinegar.
- When liquid is boiling, lower the heat, add rice and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes (rice is cooked but you can still see some moisture on the bottom of the pan)
- Turn off the heat, keep the lid on, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
That's it! Simple and delicious!!
Substitutions and additions
Yes, this recipe is very versatile. You can make many substitutions and additions. For example:
Mushrooms: You can use them raw or pre-cooked. You can also just skip them, although I love the flavor that it adds to this dish.
Ranch dressing mix: This recipe calls for a packet of ranch dressing mix, but if you don't have it, you can also use ranch dressing from a bottle (½ cup with the broth) or use a packet of onion soup. If you use the ranch dressing from a bottle, rice will be more creamy in the end. If you use the onion soup the flavor will be very different, but still good.
Balsamic vinegar: If you don't have balsamic vinegar you can use another one, but since I haven't tried with another type of vinegar, I can't tell you about the difference in flavor.
Adding Vegetables: The day I took this picture, I didn't use any vegetables in it, but I've done it with red bell pepper and corn, and it was delicious. I'm sure some carrot would taste great too!!
One Pot Rice and Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cup white rice
- chopped parsley to taste (optional)
- In a 6 quarts pan add the olive oil and saute onion and garlic.
- Add the ground beef and cook it until no longer pink, breaking it up as needed.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook it for about a minute. Then add broth, ranch dressing mix, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Leave the heat on high until it starts to boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, add the rice, lower the heat, cover the pan, and let it cook until there is just a little bit of water on the bottom of the little tunnels that are formed in the bed of rice (that should take between 15-20 minutes).
- When you see the water is almost all gone, turn off the heat and let it rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes check the rice to see if it's completely cooked. If it's not, you can let it rest in the hot pan for a little longer.
- Add some chopped parsley and you can serve it with some salad or a plate of vegetables.