This no-churn ice cream flavored with coconut milk and dulce de leche is out of this world. It’s so creamy and so delicious! You need just 4 ingredients and prep time is less than 10 minutes!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!
It’s summer here in Arizona, and when I say it’s hot outside, I really mean it!! It’s been about 110ºF lately!😅
So, to help cooling down a little, I made this amazing, outstanding, mouthwatering, super duper delicious coconut dulce de leche ice cream.
Really, I’m not kidding, it’s that good!! Even my husband, who is not a huge ice cream fan, said that this was one of the best ice creams he’s ever had. I really thought he was going to lick the bowl after it was all gone.
Now, the best part besides being incredibly delicious, is how easy it is to make. All you need are 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to prep. You don’t even need an ice cream machine, because the ingredients are so rich and creamy.
So, let me show you how to make homemade ice cream the easy way…
How to make ice cream without a machine
The 2 main ingredients are:
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
These 2 ingredients are the base for this no-churn ice cream. They make for a smooth and creamy texture.
Then, we have 2 more ingredients to deliciously flavor this ice cream:
- Coconut milk or cream
- Dulce de Leche
Now, all you have to do is whip up the heavy cream, mix it with the condensed milk and coconut milk and freeze it. After about 2 hours, when it’s starting to get the consistency of soft serve ice cream, add the dulce de leche and swirl it with a butter knife. Take it back to the freezer, and wait until it freezes completely, usually about 3 more hours.
Other Flavors and Mix-ins
You could definitely replace the coconut milk for another cup of heavy cream, and add other flavors like vanilla, chocolate, mint… You could also replace the dulce de leche for another mix-in that you’d like. The possibilities are endless!! Here are some ideas for you…
- Fruit jam
- Crushed Oreos or cookies
- Crushed candy bars
- Chocolate chips
- Brownie pieces
- Cookie dough
If you would like to follow a recipe for another flavor, here is a link for a chocolate Chip Ice Cream in Mason Jar, for example. It’s very easy, super delicious, and it’s made the same way as this one.
Tips for an amazing homemade ice cream
Freeze the container beforehand
This will help to speed up the freezing process.
Wait to add the mix-ins
Because some mix-ins might be too dense, wait until the mixture gets the consistency of a soft serve ice cream (about 2 hours) before adding them. If you add them too soon they might sink to the bottom of the container.
Coconut milk x Coconut cream
There are many factors that make for a creamy ice cream, and fat content is one of them. More fat = Creamier ice cream. So, if you have access to coconut cream use it, and your ice cream will be extra creamy. But if all you have is coconut milk, don’t worry, the difference is very subtle (I noticed, but my husband didn’t), and it’ll be equally delicious.
Don’t miss a recipe! Subscribe to our newsletter.
No-churn ice cream: Coconut Dulce de Leche
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 11/2 cups coconut milk (or 3/4 cup of coconut cream)
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche (add 1 tbsp of milk or cream to thin it out if it's too thick)
- Place a 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pan in the freezer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk (or coconut cream). Set aside.
- With the help of a mixer, whip heavy cream on medium-high speed, until firm peeks are formed, about 3 minutes.
- Delicately, fold sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream, until blended.
- Transfer the mixture to the chilled loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap, touching the mixture, so no ice crystals will form on top. Freeze it for about 2 hour, or until it resembles a soft serve ice cream. Remove from freezer and add the dulce de leche by teaspoons, making swirls with a butter knife. Take it back to the freezer, covered, for about 3-4 more hours, or until completely frozen.
- Remove from freezer about 5-10 minutes before serving to make it easy to scoop.
Make sure you won’t miss anything. Follow Simple Living Recipes on:
Save this recipe for later. Pin it to your Pinterest!
More recipes you may like…