This immune system booster smoothie is a great way to help your body be ready to fight. It's packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory nutrients to help you be strong and healthy.
No matter what time of the year it is, there are always so many viruses and bacteria going around at school, at work, and in public places. That's why I like this Immune system booster smoothie. It's super delicious, easy to make, and so healthy. It's packed with vitamin C, anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, minerals, and many other properties to support a healthy immune system.
- Kiwi: Contains more than 100% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin C. They are also rich in antioxidants and other vitamins, which together stimulate the body's immune response, help eliminate free radicals within the body, reduce oxidative stress, and protect the body from inflammation and disease.
- Grapes: Are packed with flavonoids, which are potent antioxidants, vitamins, especially B6, C, and K, and minerals, all needed for immune boosting.
- Lime juice: Is an excellent source of vitamin C, which may help increase the production of white blood cells, protecting your body against infections and disease. Some studies have also shown that vitamin C can help shorten the duration and severity of colds.
- Yogurt: Contains probiotics, which can help keep the intestines healthy. Some studies suggest that probiotics may boost the immune system, enhance absorption of vitamins and minerals, help with weight management, and reduce cancer risk.
- Honey: Is used as an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant agent. It helps strengthen your immune system by defending your cells against free radical damage. When buying honey, look for the raw ones. The clearer the honey, the more processed they are.
- Ginger: Fresh ginger helps your body avoid germs and viruses like RSV. It can also slow down the growth of some bacteria like E.coli and Shigella.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make an Immune System Booster Smoothie
For this amazing smoothie, I selected flavorful and fresh ingredients that not only help boost your immune system but also taste delicious together. All you have to do is add everything to a blender and blend until smooth.
I selected all ingredients with their immune system booster properties and flavors in mind, but you can make adjustments.
- Honey - If you are vegan or can't use honey for any reason, you could substitute it for your sweetener of choice.
- Yogurt - I chose yogurt for its probiotic content. You can use any probiotic yogurt of choice or omit it if needed.
- Lime - You can sub it for lemon if you want.
- Green grapes and Kiwi - I don't recommend subbing any of these two ingredients as it would significantly change the outcome of this recipe.
- Ginger - Has excellent properties and gives a nice touch to this drink, but you can omit it if you prefer.
- Spinach: also has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, boosts the immune system, and has lots of vitamins. But, since it can have a distinct flavor in some countries, I'll leave it as an optional ingredient. I want this smoothie to be healthy but also tasty for most people.
Frequently Asked Question
Since this smoothie is full of vitamin C and antioxidants, you should consume it immediately, as they oxidize when exposed to water and air. Here's a great article about the degradation some active ingredients suffer when exposed to specific agents.
But, if you really can't drink it all and need to store it, you can do so by keeping it in a well-closed cup in the refrigerator.
You certainly can add green leaves such as spinach, collard greens, kale, etc. I didn't add any leaves to the main list of ingredients because I wanted to create a healthy smoothie with the most pleasant taste possible. If green leaves taste good to you, they'd be a great addition to this smoothie.
Don't miss a recipe! Subscribe to our newsletter.
Immune System Booster Smoothie
- 1 blender
- 1 cup water
- 5 oz green grapes (150 grams / 1 cup)
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey (raw is preferred)
- 1-2 teaspoons grated ginger
- Make sure grapes are clean and kiwi is peeled. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If possible, don't strain it, so you can enjoy all benefits from it, including fibers.
Make sure you won't miss anything. Follow Simple Living Recipes on:
More Healthy Recipes for You!
Save this Recipe to your Pinterest!