Tender and juicy baked chicken fajitas with delicious spices, bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions. It’s fast dinner, that your oven will take care of.
Hummm… I just love dishes that are easy to make, super tasty and versatile. If you like it too, this easy chicken fajitas recipe is a great option to have on hand.
The spices used make this chicken burst with flavors. It’s so delicious, and the meat is so tender and moist, that you’ll want to eat the whole thing. Be careful!! 😉
A fast and easy meal
A good thing about this baked chicken fajitas is how fast and easy it is. You cut the chicken breasts into strips, season it, add the peppers, onion, tomatoes, and throw it in the oven on a sheet pan. This makes life so much easier, allowing you to be hands free to work on something else. Really, making chicken fajitas on a sheet pan is the best way to optimize your time.
Chicken Fajitas Seasoning
You could definitely use store bought seasoning, but homemade is so easy! It requires just a few ingredients and the flavor is just amazing, not to mention that’s healthier too.
Also, you probably have all the spices in your pantry. The only one that’s a little fancy is the ‘Smoked Paprika’. It has a smoked flavor to it that changes the flavor to a whole new level. Regular paprika is not my favorite spice, but smoked paprika is life changing in the kitchen. If you don’t have it you can use regular paprika, but I highly recommend buying the smoked one. Since the smoky taste is very strong, you don’t use as much, so it will last a long time.
Transforming your meals
To make it a “smart dish”* you can serve this baked chicken fajitas over rice, along with some green salad, on the first day.
For the next day, eat it as fajitas in tortillas. Put the leftovers inside a tortilla, along with some shredded cheese, black olives, avocado, and sour cream.
Do you have more ideas on how to twist this recipe up, and make a new meal for the next day? Tell me in the comments, I would love to hear it!!
*Smart dish is the way I like to call the recipes that, with a few additions, can become a new dish for your next meal. This way you can have a new dish in no time.
Don’t miss a Recipe! Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 4 chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch strips (boneless/skinless) (approx. 2 lbs)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips (any colors you like)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 hand full of cilantro (chopped)
- Pre heat oven to 350ºF. Line a big rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray it with some oil.Cut chicken into strips about 1/2 inch thick, and season it with salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and garlic. Make sure that all strips are covered with the seasonings.Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet.Add the strips of bell pepper and onion, and diced tomatoes to the sheet. Salt the veggies. Drizzle olive oil over everything and bake for about 15 minutes. Do not over bake. Sprinkle some cilantro after it's done.You can serve them inside a tortilla, with some cheese, sour cream, avocados and olives, or, along with white rice and salad. You can also serve both ways, in different days 🙂Enjoy!!
Make sure you won’t miss anything. Follow Simple Living Recipes on:
Save this recipe for later. Pin it to your Pinterest!
More Recipes you may like…